Quality, health, safety, and environment are an integral part of our company culture and our service. We feel obligated to be socially responsible.
We strive for continuous improvement of our health, safety, and environmental goals on all levels within our organization.
In relation to our employees we, as management, feel responsible to take care of transfer of knowledge in this field. It enables us to continuously improve our management and to educate involved employees.
Vos Transport is ISO 9001-2008 certified validity until 23rd August 2012.
Click here to open the ISO certificate.
Through internal and external audits we monitor our management and company processes.
Safety and Environment
How does Vos Transport deal with safety and environment?
1. Involvement, leadership and responsibility
We accept our responsibility in the field of safety and environment by setting measurable and attainable goals. We also demand involved and responsible employees.
2.Health, Safety and Environmental Management
As management, we contribute to health, safety, and environmental procedures which relate to our employees and clients. For this, we use effective means of communication.
3. Risk management
We map risks which are related to our activities. This risk management is a core element of our strategy. In this way, we create a safe and environmental friendly environment for our employees.
In case of accidents or incidents we take (emergency) measures which enable us to guarantee the safety of our employees and to reduce the consequences for the environment to a minimum.
5. Research and analysis of incidents
In the case of accidents or incidents, we investigate the causes in order to be able to take precautionary measures.
6. Information, instruction, training, and supervision
We instruct and train our employees in order to create a safe working environment for both themselves and others.
7. Protection of the environment
We take our responsibility to burden the environment as less as possible.
Vos Transport BV attaches great value to the KVGM Policy: Quality, Safety/Security Health and Environment. The organization realizes it’s part of a macroeconomics system and takes full social responsibility. Vos Transport BV strives for continuous improvement of KVGM and formulates periodic policy and goals. In this way continuous improvement is achieved.
The management is highly involved in quality, safety, health and environment, not only in terms of policy but also in terms of personal behaviour, dedicates itself to above mentioned issues and is responsible for the transfer of knowledge of relevant information to involved functions and levels involved, within the organization. On the one hand it is an important condition for continuous improvement, on the other hand it creates involvement among all employees.
Vos Transport BV intends to:
- Meet all customer requirements
- Deal with KVGM in a responsible way, as described in the Responsible Care program;
- Observe relevant laws and regulations
- Define KVGM goals and observe them, thus working on continuous improvement
- Stimulating sustainability and minimizing the “carbon footprint”.
In order to reach this goal Vos Transport BV will:
- Follow developments in the field of KVGM and judging proactively on effects for operational management.;
- Make the same demands to suppliers and (sub-)contractors with regard to products and/or services as applied to the own organization;
- Evaluate and re-adjust its goals periodically (management review);
- Communicate openly with regard to KVGM with relevant authorities and organizations (parties concerned);
- Play a stimulating role in the development of KVGM consciousness among employees;
- Make means available in order to implement this policy;
- Make sure her employees and transport partners meet the requirements of Behaviour Based Safety (BBS) as described in the Cefic/ECTA BBS Directions or equivalent and work on behavioural improvement of operators/drivers by means of observation/coaching communication and feedback.
- Respect The best Practice Guidelines, drawn up by Cefic/ECTA, and apply if relevant, both by management, own employees and by transport partners;
- Explicitly refer her employees and transport partners to the ban on use of drugs, medicines and alcohol.
- Innovate and invest in new techniques and sustainable means of production. Appoint a representative who keeps the board up to date with regard to the KVGM system.
Central issues within the KVGM policy are:
- Realizing customer satisfaction;
- Avoiding personal injuries / accidents;
- Avoiding material- and environmental damage;
- Striving for continuous improvement in the field of KVGMThe policy will be evaluated yearly and will be adapted if necessary.
The policy is accessible to public, on request and has been forwarded to the employees through intranet.
The BZS is focused on measuring and monitoring all processes and thus continuous improving the system.
The internal audits will show if the KVGM policy is actually realized and understood within the organization.
We realize our concern for KVGM isn’t just a management issue, but a policy form which should be deeply rooted in the company culture.
Education and instruction allowed us to implement the policy on all levels.
Vos has obtained a TAPA certification in order to respond to changing customer requirements. This certification is intended to provide and ensure a standardized level of security for our customers. With TAPA, preventive measures – which contribute to protect cargo against theft – have been introduced. This means business processes with regard to security are designed in such a way that it meets these security requirements at TSR3 level. TAPA TSR3 determines that the fleet, personnel and terrain meet specific requirements. For example, SCM approved alarm, fleet equipment, training and screening of personnel, controlled access with surveillance and CCTV. In practice, this means that the requirements for the security level are determined in consultation with the customer comply. For example, a risk analysis is made on the routes and the security level in consultation with the customer. This means that the following points, among others, are discussed:
- Screening of secure car parks and stopovers
- Security level assessment of terminals and crossings
- Assigning specific instructions to operation and driver
- Conducting a so-called “pre-departure” check
- Screening and training of personnel, including via E-Learning
- Securing and storing information
- Escalation procedure in case of unusual situations and deviations
- Equipment level of vehicles and tracking systems
This list is not exhaustive but gives an insight into which aspects contribute to the security of our transport. TAPA is not standard and is usually set up at the request of our customers.
Click her for the certificate of Vos Transport.